Summary of Accountabilities
Responsible for process improvement to adhere to strict financial guidelines. Accountable to assigned customers for being a primary CSR contact. Provide positive leadership to the Avionics team and adhere to Yingling cultures and standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and direct avionics personnel in order to maintain a profitable operation. Ensure team leads are properly training personnel.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the activities for avionics installs so as to minimize delays and increase production and efficiency.
- Identify and implement process improvement for all Avionics installs.
- Establish expected target hours per discipline and aircraft zones to create accountability and proper evaluation of the overall projects.
- Ensure project stays on budget, communicate and extend budget as necessary with associated customer base during the project.
- Create an environment of continuous growth for personnel; Track, communicate, and correct development for team members.
- Establish evaluation metrics for the team leads; delegate as necessary to establish process improvements.
- Shares responsibility with other Project Managers for all FAA documentation as related to Avionics modifications.
- Shares responsibility with other Project Managers for making necessary overhaul manuals, service bulletins, airworthiness directives and other technical data available to employees.
- Shares responsibility with Avionics Manager for maintaining customer documentation through the department administrator.
- Helps provide customer quotes and bids for all work performed.
- Helps with engineering, aircraft troubleshooting, and maintenance as required.
- Helps ensure that all equipment and tools are in a serviceable and working condition.
- Track and ensure that appropriate work records are properly executed by all personnel.
- Preserve and ensure the proper handling of all units/parts in the avionics department.
- Various other duties as assigned by the Avionics Manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
5+ years in a MRO Avionics install and or service center avionics environment, or related aviation experience. P
Previous successful continuous improvement projects and experience.
Two or four-year college degree in business or related field preferred, supervisory experience required.
4 years prior work history dealing with aircraft avionics and test equipment
4 Years’ Experience working with Garmin G1000
Experience with the following test equipment: Pitot/static tester, Nav 401L, AT 600, Oscilloscope
Previous FBO/general aviation experience required.
Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Current Valid Driver’s License
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Occasional periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching. Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs, and frequently lifting up to 10 lbs
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions, engine noise.
Frequent exposure to aircraft exhaust, moving mechanical parts, lubricants, metals, and solvents.
Frequent exposure to seasonal weather
Additional Requirements or Skills
3 Leads, 10-15 employees and contractors as needed
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Responsible for associated Avionics financials and ability to maintain a specified budget for assigned department projects.
Knowledge of MS office applications including word, excel, access, and Microsoft outlook.
Limited travel required.