Summary of Accountabilities
Produce financial and statistical reporting of the company and general protection of all company assets as well as mitigate risk through the production of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs all tasks associated with the general ledger; including but not limited to, entering monthly journal entries, executing monthly closing of general ledger, producing financial statements, bank reconciliations, inventory reconciliations, intercompany accounting and reconciling general ledger related accounts
- Actively manage a team of accounting staff – providing leadership, direction, accountability, objective setting, key performance indicators and support
- Produce month-end financial reporting package and any management reporting to support business leaders
- Analyze and explain actual vs. budget operating performance
- Perform monthly sales/use tax return compilation and reporting while ensuring compliance with tax rules and regulations
- Prepare and submit monthly/quarterly/annual regulatory reports, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Oversee proper recording and interpretation of intercompany accounting activities
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll activities, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets in partnership with CFO and company leadership; including reviewing and advising on strategies to meet overall goals and objectives
- Provide input and support financial forecasting activities
- Manage company cash flow on a daily basis
- Support company legal/contract review activities
- Develop and maintain system of internal controls to ensure compliance with accounting rules and regulations
- Develop and maintain asset recordkeeping in accordance with accounting rules and regulations
- Maintain inventory recordkeeping in accordance with accounting rules and regulations
- Manage property tax reporting requirements
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures while managing any outsourced accounting functions
- Seek opportunities to implement new processes, products, and system technology to meet operational objectives, including automating recurring department tasks
- Development and maintain financial software used by the company
- Perform other ad-hoc projects and reporting as assigned by management
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance or related fields. 5-7 years of finance and accounting experience including supervision/management of staff.
Must hold a valid driver’s license at all times.
Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization as well as executive and senior management. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent for financial statistics. Must be able to explain financial statements etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Strong analytical skills for interpretation of financial statements.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Public Accountant preferred
Fluent in MS office applications including word, excel, access, and Microsoft outlook. Must be able to adapt to new software easily.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please