Summary of Accountabilities
Lead and do all aspects of industrial safety and environmental health systems for our facilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership for safety and environmental programs
- Ensure and maintain compliance with all Federal and State Safety and Hazmat programs to include internal policy creation and management
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks – be able to recognize an OSHA violation and put corrective action in place
- Update any new safety rules imposed by OSHA and EPA.
- Develops and implements inspection policies and procedures, and a schedule of routine inspections
- Develops health and safety procedures for all areas of the Company
- Prepares and schedules training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures
- Drafts inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Manage and prepare sampling for industrial hygiene testing
- Ensures that safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Partner with HR to coordinate and conduct injury review process to determine and correct root cause
- Support the environmental functions of the business as warranted/assigned
- Maintain reporting requirements for environmental calendar
- Conduct training for environmental regulation issues as needed
- Conduct safety training programs for all levels of organization
- Provide leadership/facilitation and drive for sustained safety committees
- Lead operation(s) to best practices and best-in-class safety and environmental results (including program development)
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Safety and Health, or related field preferred
- Three – Five years of related experience required
- Extensive knowledge of environmental regulations and policies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license to remain employed.
Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions while employed.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills
Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing.
Basic reasoning ability
Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, and e-mail skills required
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please