Summary of Accountabilities
Responsible for general repair and upkeep of buildings, cars, and machinery
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform plumbing work – repair leaking faucets, pipes, and unstop/replace toilets
- Perform electrical work – replace bulbs, install ballast, repair fixtures
- HVAC – replace filters, clean condensers and coils, trouble shoot issues
- Expert Level Painting ability to paint interior and exterior of the facility- i.e. offices, hallways, ceilings, and exterior areas
- Lawn and Landscape Care- mowing, weed eating, sweeping of parking lot, maintain sprinkler system, winter snow removal, and salting of sidewalks during winter
- T-Hangar maintenance and cleaning
- Provide support for our paint hangars which will include cleaning and maintaining paint evaporator.
- Floor maintenance and repair
- Servicing Company vehicles and Ground Service Equipment to include lube, rotation of tires and oil changes; seasonal vehicle changes -mounting of hopper and installing snow blade
- Pest control
- Moving and repair of office furniture, fixtures, and items to storage
- Spot welding as needed
- Check and test function of security system
- Monitoring and reporting of hazardous waste container
- Maintain, repair, and paint of departmental equipment – to include ladders and scaffolding
- Escort and supervise outside vendors
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required
3-5 years of building and facility maintenance preferred
Must be able to work a flexible schedule based on projects; occasional weekends required
Must be able to be on-call for emergency response situations
Experience driving Bobcat, tugs, and forklift
Able to safely operate all general maintenance equipment – i.e. lawn mower, weed eater
Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Must be able to speak the English language and communicate with all levels of the organization.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Frequent periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
Occasionally lifting up to 100 lbs, and frequently lifting up to 10 lbs.
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions, engine noise.
Frequent exposure to aircraft exhaust, moving mechanical parts, lubricants, metals, and solvents.
Frequent exposure to seasonal weather.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Solid reasoning and good judgment is fundamental.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have valid Class C driver’s license with a good driving history
May require some local travel
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify.