Summary of Accountabilities
Help manage recruiting and hiring functions and provide general HR support.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate staffing needs through recruitment sources, screening & assessment of candidates.
- Processes new hire and termination paperwork.
- Create and maintain employee files including I-9’s.
- Post job openings, conduct interviews and schedule interviews.
- Manage filing, scanning and records retention.
- Works with the HR Director on employment matters including talent development, employee relations investigations, labor relations and implementation of company-wide HR activities such as: integrity training and talent assessments.
- Works in partnership with Director to plan, communicate and implement HR programs and initiatives that foster employee engagement and innovative culture.
- Assists in developing and implementing personnel policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 2+ Years of Knowledge of HR fundamentals employment laws.
- Competency in MS Office, Word, Excel is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Adaptable to different personalities and situational needs.
- Effective project and personnel management skills.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with office equipment such as copiers, scanners, Windows/iOS computers and peripheral equipment.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects concurrently.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, sensitivity, and creativity with changing needs and situations.
- Ability to research, evaluate and analyze new techniques, methods, and procedures.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time (or stand with elevated desk, if preferred)
- Occasional standing, walking, bending, twisting, turning, kneeling, squatting, and reaching overhead with hands and arms.
- Must be able to hear, listen, and talk (continuous)
- Ability to see up close and visualize computer screen (continuous), and see at a distance and adjust focus (occasional)
Additional Requirements or Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent for calculations of salary, turnover etc.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to maintain a specified budget for various human resources programs.
Fluent in MS office applications including word, excel, access, and Microsoft outlook