Summary of Accountabilities
Provide leadership to the team that provides superior aircraft installation services to meet customer specifications.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the daily work of all the interior employees. Assist Director in personnel actions that involve interior employees.
- Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating the activities of the interior department to minimize delays and increase production and efficiencies.
- Provide leadership to the Interior Department
- Instill a desire to provide superior customer service to internal and external customers.
- Provide assistance to team members by seeking opportunities and defining problems.
- Create an environment that promotes knowledge, sharing, and teamwork.
- Eliminate constraints and obstacles to allow each team member to reach their potential
- Supervise and install executive interiors for the Cessna Caravan and other aircraft models for interior refurbishments.
- Assist in quoting interior refurbishments by establishing work scope, material need and man hours and determining schedule so project is complete in a timely manner.
- The ability to read and maintain engineering blue prints in accordance with our quality system as well as general knowledge of certification and traceability.
- Supervise the production of PMA upholstered parts and materials for certification.
- Recommend and implement modifications for interiors to improve style and comfort. Basic knowledge of foam build-up and pattern development for upholstered items.
- Help with other miscellaneous interiors projects.
- Assist with facility maintenance and upkeep.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or equivalent. 5+ years of experience in aircraft interiors, including upholstery and fabrication. Must have ability to lead a group.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions and or aircraft blueprints. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Frequent periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs, and occasional lifting up to and over 100 lbs.
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions.
Frequent exposure to airborne particles and small enclosed areas i.e. small aircraft interiors.
Occasional exposure to seasonal weather.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Must have valid Class C drivers license with a good driving history.
Requires occasional overnight out-of town travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.