Summary of Accountabilities
Provide support to interior department by pulling on aircraft seat covers and covering small parts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Remove seat covers, repair seats and put seats back together
- Make and cut patterns/leather
- Pull leather covers over foam cushions and backs (string and Velcro pulls)
- Prepare interior components for recovering by removing old covers, cleaning and sanding parts
- Re-upholster aircraft components as needed
- Help with other miscellaneous interiors projects
- Assist with facility maintenance and upkeep
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety rules and regulations
- Other projects and duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
HS Diploma or equivalent
5+ years of Upholstery required
Must possess and maintain a current and valid license
Meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Have own tools
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions and or aircraft blueprints. Ability to effectively communicate one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Frequent periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs., and occasional lifting up to and over 100 lbs.
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions.
Frequent exposure to airborne particles and small enclosed areas i.e. small aircraft interiors.
Occasional exposure to seasonal weather.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please