Summary of Accountabilities
Manages day-to-day client interaction. Coordinates, plans, and schedules multiple modifications and/or maintenance inspections for piston and/or turbine-powered aircraft. Helps to maintain and pursue contractual relationships with customers and government entities. The project manager has overall responsibility for the technical content and proposal process. They will work closely with department directors to ensure on time delivery of aircraft and provide exceptional service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as a liaison between Director of Government Programs and all MRO departments to communicate and coordinate multiple government and military projects.
- Have a working knowledge of USG contracts in order to review contracts and meet contractual requirements.
- Develop and maintain constant communication with client. Gather, understand, and explain complex technical details to customers regarding the work being completed on their aircraft, to set and manage client expectations and increase satisfaction.
- Responsible for keeping projects on track for the purposes of accounting, including tracking hours, determining revenue recognition, and ensuring timely and accurate invoicing.
- Responsible for all communication with team members and vendors by meeting regularly, resolving issues, and communicating information tactfully.
- Work with Director of Government Programs to keep informed on all progress and challenges.
- Coordinate customer requests between maintenance, avionics, interiors, propeller, parts, and paint departments. Keep customers informed on all issues and status of aircraft work.
- Coordinate completion dates between various steps of any major installation or modifications.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
- High school graduate or equivalent; prefer 4-year degree
- A&P License or pilot’s license is preferred
- 5+ years of project management experience in aviation is preferred
- 5+ years of experience with government contracts is preferred
- 5+ years of direct supervisory skills; may supervise 5+ technicians
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent for calculations of profit/loss. Ability to understand departmental financial statements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Microsoft Project is preferred.
Ability to maintain a specified budget for assigned department.
- Able to work required schedule without deviation
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license
- Meet the requirements of Airport Authority to receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
- Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- U.S. citizenship required
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please