Summary of Accountabilities
Responsible for ensuring that we remain within FAA guidelines for maintenance and inspection procedures.
Work days: Monday – Friday
Work hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Routinely performs visual inspections and functional testing of completed avionics installations, repairs, alterations to assure proper performance and quality of workmanship.
- Routinely performs the final inspection of items deemed critical to the safety of flight and approves the final release of the aircraft.
- Conducts preliminary, hidden damage, and final inspections of articles processed by the repair station as necessary.
- When required, conducts incoming visual inspections of aircraft exterior/interiors, inventories and secures owners property, and returns it back to the aircraft before departure.
- Progressively reviews avionics work orders for proper and complete documentation and prior to final work order processing.
- Determines the airworthiness and final acceptance of articles on which work has been performed, outside the repair station, by non certificated persons, before use on an aircraft.
- Assists and advises others as to the proper execution of maintenance and inspection processes.
- Responsible for making random checks on calibrated tools and equipment, to assure compliance with the repair station calibration program.
- Periodically checks and removes from inventory or shop use, consumable materials found to be beyond shelf life limits.
- Routinely will be responsible for the proper execution of certain reports (Form FAA-8070-1 Service Difficulty Report, Form FAA-337 and log entries).
- Responsible to promote and assure compliance with the policies and procedures defined within the repair station and quality manual and / or as dictated by the Q.A. Department.
- Acts as liaison between the Avionics and Q.A. department in suggesting and implementing improvements for processes, procedures, increasing efficiencies and promoting safety.
- Other activities and projects as approved by the Quality Assurance Manager or the President.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
5-7 years in aircraft avionics preferred.
Technical training in aviation field.
Education to meet licenses required (see below)
Some supervisory experience preferred.
Meet the inspection personnel requirements of FAR 145.155.
Meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions.
Must meet all DOT requirements.
Have basic typing and computer skills.
Able to work required schedule without deviation.
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write clear, concise correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small group, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
Frequent periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions.
Frequent exposure to airborne particles and small enclosed areas i.e. small aircraft interiors.
Occasional exposure to seasonal weather.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent for calculations of profit/loss. Ability to understand departmental financial statements.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to maintain a specified budget for assigned department.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A & P License required
Inspection Authorization License must be obtained within 6 months
Basic ability to work in MS word, excel programs.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please