Summary of Accountabilities
Provide support to interior department by cutting, sewing, and pulling on aircraft seat covers and other accessories.
Work Days: Monday – Friday
Work Hours: 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Sew and fabricate interior components. (Curtains, seats covers, carpet, etc.)
- Cut leather to build up aircraft seats.
- Cut out fabric for curtains or other accessories.
- Prepare interior components for recovering by removing old covers, cleaning and sanding parts.
- Interpret and build sewing patterns.
- Maintain and operate an industrial sewing machine.
- Help with other miscellaneous interiors projects.
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Five to Seven years of experience in upholstery and sewing
- Must possess strong verbal skills
- Possess exceptional internal and external customer service skills
- Able to work required schedule without deviation
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid license
Meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions and or aircraft blueprints. Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Good grammar and spelling skills.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
Frequent periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
Frequent lifting up to 50 lbs. and occasional lifting up to and over 100 lbs.
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions.
Frequent exposure to airborne particles and small enclosed areas i.e. small aircraft interiors.
Occasional exposure to seasonal weather.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Basic math skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please