Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please
Under minimal supervision, perform a variety of complex operational and functional tests and repairs to electronic/avionics equipment and systems. Use blueprints and other documentation to troubleshot and repair avionics systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner. Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA, Business, and Customer requirements & specifications.
2. Ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete equipment & parts change sheets, work order sign-offs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
3. Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
4. Install and functionally test electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per engineering specifications and drawings to ensure a defect free system. Submit work for inspection & approval.
5. Analyze and repair aircraft avionics systems such as Nav, Com, Transponder, DME, GPS, and Autopilot to the sub-assembly level utilizing aircraft & avionic manufacturer’s prints, maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
6. Repair or replace defective components and wiring and perform necessary work to ensure installations meet conformity. Troubleshoot and repair systems using acceptable practices.
7. Set up and operate necessary test equipment. Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
8. Perform minor maintenance and cleaning/adjustments of electronic/electrical components and associated equipment on the bench.
9. Assist other Line and Install Technicians in the aircraft as required.
10. Use the computer system to enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
11. Review work, including forms and records, to ensure compliance with Inspection Procedures Manual, Operating Procedures, and FAA regulations.
12. Maintain good housekeeping and safety in all areas to include hangars, break areas, and offices.
13. Possess a working knowledge of the Company Policies and Procedures manual, Company Inspection Procedures manual, and any pertinent process specifications.
14. Clearly and tactfully communicate with others both verbally and in writing.
15. ¬Help keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
16. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
17. Comply with safety rules and procedures.
18. Contribute to an environment in which all people are respected.
19. Perform other duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education & Experience:
2 + years of Garmin G5000 experience is required
High School Diploma or equivalent required. 2- Year Electronics Technology degree + 2 years prior work history dealing with aircraft avionics and test equipment, or Four years (4) aircraft electrical/avionics experience. Experience with aircraft avionics test equipment.
Most hold a valid driver’s license at all times. Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Must be able to read and interpret electrical/avionics system drawings and blueprints, as well as have the ability to use hand tools and electronic test equipment.
Must be able to speak the English language and communicate with all levels of the organization.
Have creativity, organizational skills, mechanical / electrical aptitude, a professional attitude, the ability to work with people, and to meet demanding schedules.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Solid reasoning and good judgment is fundamental.
Basic computer Skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
FCC or NCATT License required
Must provide own hand tools, specialized tools will be provided.