Summary of Accountabilities
Under minimal supervision perform a variety of complex operational & functional tests and repairs to electronic/avionics equipment and systems to assure conformance to procedures, performance and test specifications on aircraft. Use blueprints and other documentation to troubleshoot and repair system
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner. Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications.
- Ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete equipment & parts change sheets, work order sign-offs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
- Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
- Installs and functionally tests electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft per engineering specifications and drawings to ensure a defect free system. Submits work for inspection & approval.
- Analyzes and repairs aircraft avionics systems such as Nav/Com, Transponder, DME, and Autopilot to the sub-assembly level utilizing aircraft & avionic manufacturer’s prints, maintenance manuals, wiring diagrams, and schematics.
- Repairs or replaces defective components and wiring and performs necessary work to ensure installations meet conformity. Troubleshoots and repairs systems using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering, and wire termination.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment. Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Performs minor maintenance and cleaning/adjustments of electronic/electrical components and associated equipment on the bench.
- Assists other Line and Install Technicians in the aircraft as required.
- Use the Corridor system to enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
- Reviews work, including forms and records, to ensure compliance with Inspection Procedures Manual, Operating Procedures and FAA regulations.
- Maintains good housekeeping and safety in all areas to include hangars, break areas, and offices.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Company Policies and Procedures manual, Company Inspection Procedures manual, and any pertinent process specifications.
- Clearly and tactfully gets point across to others orally and in writing.
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures.
- Contribute to an environment in which all people are respected.
- Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma, or equivalent required.
2- Year Electronics Technology degree
4 years prior work history dealing with aircraft avionics and test equipment
4 Years’ Experience working with Garmin G1000
Experience with the following test equipment: Pitot/static tester, Nav 401L, AT 600, Oscilloscope
Previous FBO/general aviation experience required.
Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Current Valid Driver’s License
Must be able to speak the English language and communicate with all levels of the organization.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Occasional periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching. Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs, and frequently lifting up to 10 lbs.
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions, engine noise.
Frequent exposure to aircraft exhaust, moving mechanical parts, lubricants, metals, and solvents.
Frequent exposure to seasonal weather.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Basic math skills.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Assist department managers in maintaining a specified budget.
Must possess and maintain a current and valid driver’s license
Basic computer aptitude preferred.