Summary of Accountabilities
Seeking a mechanic with propeller shop overhaul and repair experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all overhauls, repairs, replacements, etc. on aircraft propeller systems in a safe and expeditious manner and within FAA, and or manufacturer’s specifications.
- Assist team leaders and shop foreman in finding unsafe or potential problems with customer’s
aircraft propeller. Report errors, and perform repair as needed.
- Familiar with technical publications (maintenance manuals, parts catalogs, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, etc.) concerning aircraft propellers maintained at this facility.
- Own and maintain basic hand tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Work and communicate closely with other shop and office personnel to assure smooth transition of all customer property.
- Become familiar and proficient with all Propeller Shop test and maintenance gear.
- Perform all tasks assigned by management in a timely and safe manner.
- Maintain a professional demeanor towards all customers, (internal and external), showing a
courteous, informative and sincere attitude.
- Maintain a clean and neat work area. Assist with housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Provide backup to shipping and receiving personnel when they are moving aircraft propellers in and out of the work areas.
- Other activities and projects as approved by Management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Five (5) years’ experience in repair and overhaul of McCauley and Hartzell.
Propeller Repairman Certificate is a plus
Composite and MT Propellers repair and overhaul experience is a plus.
Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Current Valid Driver’s License
Must be able to read and speak English, and be able to communicate effectively with other personnel.
Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. Must be able to repeatedly lift 35 lbs. overhead.
Occasional periods of walking, sitting, rotation, bending, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
Occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs., and frequently lifting up to 35 lbs.
Frequent exposure to general shop conditions, engine noise.
Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts, lubricants, metals, dust, and solvents.
Occasional exposure to seasonal weather.
Additional Requirements or Skills
Basic math skills required.
Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Assist department managers in maintaining a specified budget.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
A & P License, Inspection Authorization License preferred.
Propeller Repairman Certificate preferred.
Current Valid Driver’s License
Basic computer aptitude preferred.
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
We participate in E-Verify
No phone calls please